<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

This morning I woke up at 7am, with my face in a book about Buddha

I made myself a tea of penny royal honey and organic apple vinegar.

Ate a breakfast of hemp cereal and a grapefruit.

I worked solidly without distraction until lunch

Listened to Laura Veirs' new album on CD, out in April*

Ate a lunch of eggplant curry with fried noodles

Worked til early evening, listening to the World Service and NPR, having shifted from my office to my lounge and thus missing the advent of the snowstorm

Finished booking a complicated trip to the West Coast and back in which I shall travel by plane, train, automobile, clipper and foot

Bought more supplies at the organic food shop opposite me

Got a last minute call to attend a gig and agreed readily, not realising that I would have to wear 4 layers, 2 pairs of gloves, a hat and a hood because the weather had changed a little since this morning

Saw this guy, Brett Dennen, who is going to big (well, Ron Sexsmith-sized at the very least) because he is a great live act and his recorded output aint bad either

Shot some pool (in which I beat my more skilled opponents) and got to pick the music in the poolhall (Iron+Wine, Sufjan Stevens because I'm going to Chicago-o-o on Saturday), then stole a gorgeous scarf that no-one else was claiming as we left

Bought a vegetarian hotdog, got the streetcar to Spadina and then trudged home through the minus 25 blizzard that has entirely covered Toronto in deep snow. Roads and pavements are indistinguishable from eachother. The streetcar driver had to stop twice to dig out the tracks in front of him with a specially-issued TTC spade.

And if you'd have told me this a year ago?

I'd have presumed you'd got the wrong guy.

But I'm not the wrong guy.

Not anymore, anyway.

EDIT: Here's a Laura Veirs track from her last album, Year of Meteors. As you'll notice when you listen to it, it's fucking brilliant (and you should buy the album)

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? It's not? Oh! Interesting

eXTReMe Tracker