<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Well that WAS weird. It went seriously well. I'd been avoiding even looking in the listings of the local papers to find out when i was on. I'd hoped the promoter would forget to email me closer to the time to confirm. I'd hoped to have written some new material by now. I'd hoped to have been deported by now. I found out i had the gig on friday so devoted the whole weekend to procrastinating, prevaricating and avoiding doing any preparation. I finally wrote some gags at 4 o'clock this morning and resolved to not give a shit. i woke up at 8, giving a shit. Yet I spent the day working and running round sorting out some legal issues, not having time to give a shit. Got back in to my apartment early evening and whilst making supper I remembered that I gave a shit. Went to the club for 9 and really really started giving a shit. As I walked out on stage, as luck decided to have it, I stopped giving a shit. Had a real laugh, they all enjoyed it - turns out anything said in an english accent is funny, even my ramblings. Of course, I still dont have much material that works here so the new stuff was untried but it went down really well. I filled in the remaining minutes with a song which started great and ended badly, as the guitar detuned and the shock impact unravelled a bit. I'll cut a verse or two next time. And I forgot to do my other song, a not exactly Weird Al parody of a popular tune from the nowies. But fair play to audience for sticking with me and thanks especially to the member who saw me miss my streetcar and gave me a ride home because 'i was funny'. Now im home and desperately want to give a shit. To my toilet. But it's blocked, again! I cant stop blocking canadian bogs. And it overflows dangerously whenever i pull the chain. Have to go down to Honest Ed's and by more industrial poo solvent, almost $5 a p(l)op. Either I start doing smaller poos or im going to have to revolutionise Canada's toilet system. And I dont do smaller poos.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? It's not? Oh! Interesting

eXTReMe Tracker