<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 07, 2006


Toronto's begging community are nothing if not inventive. The best I got in Dublin was a guy carrying a dictionary round and challenging your ego to define any word he might randomly pick. If you get it, he gives you money. If you don't, which you won't, you have to give him. A nice piece of gentle entertainment which can take a good 5 minutes from first approach through to final transaction. But here things are more quickfire.

Outside the huge cinema on Richmond and John yesterday was a guy with a cardboard sign proclaiming 'Homeless Jedi'. I didn't take a pic because I'm a housed Sith and it just wouldn't be right.

But walking east on Queen St W earlier, I did take a photo of this young lady. These pics always looked photoshopped up but sure enough, she was there and that's what she wanted. She told me as much. Should have given her some of the ethanol I had in my pocket but instead I tipped her generously.

For a Jew.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? It's not? Oh! Interesting

eXTReMe Tracker