<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

ive got me black 'n tam o'shanty, i've washed me lucky charms (at the behest of the quare one, god bless her), i've brushed up on how to pronounce the Gaelic (guess what? it's ALL perfectly phonetic! everyone nods and smiles at me when i pronounce it this way. especially in Dun Laoghaire) and i've bought 200 cans of the ebony nectar (that's what they call it here) so im ready as i'll ever be for hogmanay.

hahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahaha

only joking

i mean St Partick's Day, obviously

the day when that blessed man, tragically born in probably England, came over to this also sceptred isle whatever that means and through a process of sheer holiness banished all the thistles. They were forced to swim to Scotland, where they reside and still occasionally gambol, in among the heather, doon the moor. This tradition was later repeated with some of the more argumentative chaps further north, but we won't talk about that. I don't want Johnny 'I'll do anything for' Adair coming round to pay my neighbours a visit (i will have scarpered way in advance).

No, im making light of the situation. Let me rectify it. Now.

It's a very serious day when we commemorate our patron saint of christianity for banishing the evil of religious diversity from this land. So the legend that he banished all the snakes comes about because they are an animal associated with the devil from the time of the Fall and all that. That said, I'm still going to the public bite-the-head-off-a-fucking-snake display in the grounds of Christchurch Cathedral later tomorrow.

And so, in traditional bored columnist signing off for a while style, my spies tell me that Nutgroist is going on holiday for a few times, and so am I. Look for one more hastily put together post and that's your lot for ages to come.

Lucky.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? It's not? Oh! Interesting

eXTReMe Tracker