<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, July 11, 2004

Wel, Blackalicious were certainly black. I wouldn't say delicious but their freestyling was pretty tasty, as were their saturated beats. I never saw a so-called 'underground' rap group so showbiz before - so much 'we love you, can i do some new material, hello Dublin Ireland, I say X you say Y' banter with us it only lacked the glittery outfit and the praise-be's to Tha Lawd. Still, they can rap for shit, that's for sure. The beats were a little raw for my tastes - I prefer their recorded output because, whilst rapping itself is most definitely a vital, sometimes thrilling in-the-moment pulsing vein of, um, performance poetry, I'm still convinced the music shines best in the studio, where guys like Rick Rubin can turn a few sonic tricks and break a fuckload of rules to create something new.


|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? It's not? Oh! Interesting

eXTReMe Tracker