<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 04, 2004

I heard a nice old lady on the radio this morning explaining how she started up a new charitable foundation to keep her busy through retirement. Nothing extraordinary in that. Except for the fact that the foundation is for children born WITHOUT EYES. You may well ask yourself if that's a topic you want to be mulling over whilst browsing the web. For me personally, I think the answer is no. I find it horrific. It's also way beyond explanation for me - it's just a gut feeling of utter revulsion at the mere concept of it. There's so few things you don't get a second chance at in life, and losing bits of your body is among them. Everytime you forget you're human, something comes round and pokes you hard in the brain to remind you. I'm no machine. The more systematised the world gets, the more I forget.

Anyway, the question is this: If you've got no eyes - what do you see?

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? It's not? Oh! Interesting

eXTReMe Tracker