<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, February 19, 2004

Saw an advert last night for the Book of Mormon. Aside from the unfortunate choice of words they used "to receive this book free of charge call this number now. You are under no obligation. To believe in the Book of Mormon is....". Imagine that being said in a monotonous voice with no obvious punctuation. But what fascinated me was that I had no idea that Jesus appeared in the Mormon book. I thought it was just a story about Brigham Young and his herd of wives. It turns out they actually believe that Jesus appeared to others at other times and this book is like a fifth gospel. This reminded me of my previously aborted project - to make a cartoon series called "The New Adventures of Jesus", showing their Lord's travels through the east in the lost period of his life (the little bit between his barnyard birth and his hilltop death). All I ever came up with to be honest was a ludicrous idea that he goes to India and trades secrets in magic with the Yogis, maybe goes to China and fights a dragon, gets chased by ninjas etc. All episodes would have a clear moral thread running through them so in essence its like The Littlest Hobo meets The A-Team. I firmly believe its a winner, but what would I know? I'm a jewish atheist.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? It's not? Oh! Interesting

eXTReMe Tracker